09 October 2026

Where is James T?

The Politics-in-Texas answer to "Where is Waldo." The Other McCain brings us a current political mystery. Rumors Swirl: Where Is James Talarico?

Have you seen this guy lately? James Talarico is a Democrat, a previously obscure state legislator who is running for a U.S. Senate seat in Texas against the current state attorney general, Ken Paxton. Or rather, I should say, Talarico was running for the Senate until Sept. 26, which was the last time he was seen at a campaign event. He showed up in New York City for a fundraiser with Robert De Niro on Sept. 28, and made a virtual appearance on a teleconference Sept. 30, but no one in Texas has seen him in public for nearly two weeks, and wild rumors are now circulating as to the reason for Talarico’s mysterious disappearance.

The official explanation from the Talarico campaign is that the candidate came down with the flu, but nobody believes that because (a) everything the Talarico campaign says is a lie and ...

Click thru for the details.

And for reasons known only to my subconscious, I immediately went to this clip in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.