03 September 2026

Why I (Almost) Never Watch Sequels

Or why I never race out to see a sequel, until the reviews come in. With a few exceptions, like The Empire Strikes Back.

This is the Critical Drinker's video The Five Worst Sequels Ever

And so, there you have it. The Drinker's top five worst sequels of all time. They were not fun to revisit. Trust me, they all failed in their own unique ways, but they're all unified by the fact that the world would probably be a much better place if they never existed.

The video is 12 minutes, so grab a coffee, or your beverage of choice.

This doesn't even include my least-favorite sequel. The Matrix: Reloaded. Matrix 2 and 3 are so bad, they travel back in time and destroy whatever fondness I had for the original. But then I never bothered to watch Joker 2. Or Independence Day: Regurgitation.

For every Godfather 2, or Empire, you get a dozen, or more Speed 2: Cruise Control movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.