10 August 2026

World Alone

Tony Iommi was the guitarist for Black Sabbath. He announced his third solo album in Birmingham, England, on 29 July.

If you follow Heavy Metal, you probably know that Black Sabbath gave its final concert on 5 July 2025 in Birmingham, where they got started. Ozzy Osbourne passed away from a heart attack on 22 July 2025.

Iommi also appears on two tracks of Osbourne's last album, Patient Number 9, which came out in 2022.

On the upcoming album Iommi is joined by Norwegian vocalist Jorn Lande, Mercyful Fate bassist Becky Baldwin, and English drummer Karl Brazil. I have not seen anything about a tour, but given that Tony Iommi is 78 years old, there may not be much in the way of a tour.

This song is "World Alone" by Tony Iommi. It was released on July 29th as part of the announcement of his upcoming album, From the Dark. There is, of course, an official video; I find it very distracting, the way I find most official videos. It is easy enough to find if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.