10 August 2026

Self-Defense Is Legal in Indiana

Road rage is something to stay away from. "Let it go," is a phrase people need to meditate on. No charges filed in fatal Hancock County road rage shooting, prosecutor says

They don't say why this guy was raging, but it is usually some perceived slight. "You cut me off," or something equally inane.

A Dodge Journey followed closely behind, at times less than a foot away, witnesses said.

When both vehicles came to a stop in a construction zone in western Hancock County, prosecutors said the Dodge driver exited his vehicle and aggressively confronted the Volkswagen's occupants, threatening bodily harm.

He didn't even stop being an idiot, when the driver of the Volkswagen got out with a gun, and told him to get back in his car.

The Dodge driver continued advancing and was shot multiple times. He retreated to his vehicle, where he later died.

There was a witness who gave a lot of info to the police. This is the key statement.

The witness also told police, “If I was put in that predicament, if I was the guy in the Volkswagen, I would have been scared for my life.”

Hancock County, Indiana, is in the Indianapolis metropolitan area. The county like is roughly 10 miles east of downtown Indianapolis.

Considering that this incident took place on July 21st, we have another district attorney making a determination at warp speed. (Hat tip to US Carry)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.