09 August 2023

Only Love

Eivør is a Faroese singer I came across recently. I really like her work, but I know that songs in foreign languages tend to annoy most Americans, so today's song is in English. Ásgeir is an Icelandic singer I had never heard of before I heard this song, but I will be looking into his music in the near future. Iceland has produced any number of artists I like such as Of Monsters and Men, Kaleo, and Björk. And more, but three examples is enough to be going on with.

This song is "Only Love" by Eivør featuring vocals by Ásgeir. It is from Eivør's 2020 album Segl. Google translate doesn't really handle Faroese, but it is apparently derived from Danish, and in Danish Segl would translate as Seal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.