28 August 2023

Digital Bullets

Nita Strauss is one of my favorite guitarists. She plays lead guitar for Alice Cooper most of the time, but she also took some time in the past year to do a solo project.

Chris Motionless is the founder of Motionless in White, a Heavy Metal band out of Scranton, Pennsylvania. I ran accross them recently (last year?) and I like a few of the songs I've heard, or maybe that should be the few songs I've heard. I need to dig into their work some more.

This song is "Digital Bullets" by Nita Strauss, featuring vocals by Chris Motionless. It was a part of her album The Call of the Void, which was released on July 7th of this year.

Fun fact: The Call of the Void is also the name of podcast/horror story that aired (vocals only) in 2020. I have no idea if they are related.

"Digital Bullets" is a commentary on the way people attack one another on social medial. You see a lot of people, who apparently didn't know who she is, were very "upset" when Demi Lovato (or her team) selected Strauss to be the lead touring guitarist on Lovato's latest tour.

“[Songwriter Johnny Andrews] asked what made me angry,” says Strauss of Andrews’ co-writing process. “And I said, ‘All these motherfuckers on the internet who tell everybody else how to live their lives but don’t have any real-world experience!’’

Here is a bit from the lyrics. (You can find all of the lyrics in the YouTube description of the video.)

Never knowing what it's like
To chase a dream, to sacrifice
You can't stand to see them win

Fire away
Fire away
You don't have to show your face
Shoot em down
Shoot em down
You can't wait to take them out
Firing round after round after round
Firing round after round after round
You'll be safe and sound
Firing those digital bullets

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.