10 December 2022

Kicking the Habit

How about another song from Charlotte Wessels 2021 solo debut album?

The incarnation of Delain, which included Charlotte Wessels as lead singer, was the Delain I discovered and fell in love with. It broke up early last year as the result of "creative differences." Well, 4 of the 5 members left the band, leaving the guy who has the rights to the name to pick up the pieces. (I know he has reformed Delain, but I can't even be bothered to see if they have produced new music.)

I suppose I should track down what the rest of the old members of Delain are up to. But Charlotte Wessels has been busy. So let's listen to a song.

Here is a link to the lyrics and their English translation. Since the song is in Dutch, you will might want them.

This song is "Afkicken" by Charlotte Wessels from her 2021 album Tales From Six Feet Under. "Afkicken" means "Kicking the Habit" in English. She had an official audio version, but it has been removed. This is the official video, which as usual, I find distracting. And it is why I have cut out the first 30 seconds of the video.

And yes, I do know that today is not Monday. This song sounds more like old-fashioned Rock & Roll to me than Heavy Metal, which is why we are on a Saturday morning, and yet Ms. Wessels is one of my favorite Metal singers, hence the tag for Metal for Mondays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.