03 December 2022

He Spoke Harshly To Them and Was Almost Shot

It could have cost him his life, but he got to vent his outrage. Laurinburg man shot at 19 times following attempted car theft at his home

“My wife said the camera over here has picked up someone trying to get into our son’s truck. And I walked back out and said, excuse me what are you doing. He went, bang bang bang bang bang. Shot 19 bullets. And I am standing there dumbfounded. And so, he took off running that way and I step down. And I yelled at him. I said you are a little devil. And you are going to burn in hell for the evil you are doing to people. And he just kept shooting. If I had not have stepped down, I would’ve been shot in the head," said Edds.

Or he could have stayed inside and called the police.

Going to confront robbers, to speak harshly to them, is not a good plan. Going to confront them armed is also not a good plan, since if you end up shooting them you might be considered the aggressor. You went outside.

Yes I know it is upsetting. And while if he was shot and killed, he might not be upset, his wife and his son might have been upset. Take a deep breath. It isn't worth putting your family through all that.

Self-defense is about an imminent threat of death or grave bodily injury, not about speaking harshly to the bad guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.