26 September 2022

Driving In Style

I don't know much about the band Thundermother. I found a reference to them on the Waken Open Air website. The lineup for 2022 is being finalized (or maybe it is finalized), and they will be playing in this year's festival.

Although by today's definitions, they are technically a Heavy Metal band, the sound is definitely Hard Rock from the 1980s. The band was started in 2010 by Filippa Nässil out of Sweden. The original members, except Filippa, all quit, so what we have here is a new line up as of 2017. I sort of like it. I have not heard enough of their music to say if it will become a regular part of my listening.

Here's a link to the lyrics. They are singing in English, but you may need them.

This is "Driving in Style" by Thundermother from their 2020 album Heat Wave.

Waken Open Air is sort of the Lollapalooza of Heavy Metal. It is a huge Heavy Metal festival that takes place in the village of Wacken in Schleswig-Holstein, Germany. It was canceled in both 2020 and 2021 due to COVID. The 2022 festival was sold out almost as soon as tickets became available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.