04 September 2021

Geldingadalir Volcano in Iceland — 21 august 2021

Iceland's newest volcano, Geldingadalir, broke through the earth's crust on March 19th of this year.

It has been fascinating. I haven't posted about it because, while volcano's are interesting, they are really not the focus of this blog. Even though I've written about them in the past. Really. Not. The focus.

That said, this video from 21 August is amazing.

This is Drone video of Iceland Geldingadalir Volcano 21 August 2021

The current state of the volcano seems to be quiescent. (I am always looking in the rearview mirror.) But the pattern of tremors indicates that it may pick up again soon. Unlike the weather, I think they are getting fairly good at predicting volcanoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.