14 August 2021

Old Man

Neil Young came up as a topic of discussion on social media. In particular the album Rust Never Sleeps. But that lead to other songs, and eventually to what we have today. I know I shouldn't be surprised that people don't know music from before they were born, but I usually am. Surprised that is. Espeically from people who style themselves musicians. They apparently never studied music of the 20th Century.

Old man look at my life,
I'm a lot like you were.

This song is "Old Man" by Neil Young as recorded by the BBC in 1971. The studio version was released in 1972 on the album Harvest. I actually think this version is better than the studio version. The link above is set to skip the first 35 seconds. I don't believe that the embedded video below will let me do that.... But you may want to skip that intro of Mr. Young talking about why he wrote this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.