01 April 2021

Epica Finally Getting Some Recognition

Epica is one of my favorite Symphonic Metal bands. I love Simone Simons' voice, they have decent songwriting, and all of them are good musicians.

So Rick Beato took a listen to Spotify's attempt at a Metal "Top 10" list. I was surprised to learn that Epica had a song at number 7 on the list. The list was heavily skewed toward the Thrash end of the spectrum, which is not too surprising, but the real surprise is that Epica was included. European Metal in general, and Symphonic Metal in particular doesn't get much notice in America, and so not much notice on things like Spotify.

This is "I Listened To Spotify's Top 10 Kick@$ Metal Songs!" by Rick Beato. It is an interesting look at what's going on in Metal, at least as seen through the lens of Spotify. And Rick's reactions are always amusing, and his ability to learn a song in a few moments frankly amazing.

And yes, I know it isn't Monday, but it is Metal. (See Capt. Barbarossa's take on the difference between rules and guidelines.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.