01 February 2021

Bad Guys Should Be In Jail

I know. That is a controversial position today. Another sign that things are falling apart at a basic level.

The Other McCain brings us A Tale of Two Car Thieves.

Click thru for the whole story. Stories. I wanted highlight the part that caught my attention.

Car thieves are dangerous criminals. This is not a trivial offense. And yet for some reason Reginald Harris, whose prior record included carjacking and armed home invasion, was not behind bars. Two innocent young people are dead because this career criminal was turned loose.

Because keeping violent offenders in jail is unfair. It was certainly unfair to the brother and sister he killed.

If you make something cheaper, you get more of it, and penalties for crime have all but been eliminated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.