01 February 2021

Cockroach King

I am still exploring the music of the Progressive Metal band Haken. The band that showed up in one of the playlists that the music-streaming services make for me. It may have been Spotify. It may have been YouTube. I like some of their music, and don't like other stuff they have done.

The first minute or 3 of this song just makes me smile because it shifts through so many different genres. From hard rock, to a cappella, to piano jazz, and back to rock. Part of it reminds me of the Robert Fripp Post Punk project The League of Gentlemen. The vocal harmonies don't hurt. But I'm not sure it works as a whole or not.

This is "Cockroach King" by Haken from the 2013 album Mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.