18 September 2026

Mass Shooting or Gang Violence?

Or is that a question we are not allowed to ask? Gunmen fire more than 70 shots, killing 1, injuring 6 in Humboldt Park on Sunday afternoon - CWB Chicago

Humboldt Park is one of the 77 neighborhoods community areas of Chicago. It is on the West Side, and was heavily Puerto Rican in the 1970s, and 1980s. I have no idea what the demographics are today.

Six people were standing outside when two vehicles pulled up, and multiple gunmen got out and began shooting, police said. A 30-year-old woman driving nearby was struck by gunfire and crashed into a CTA bus, according to CPD.

I don't think that this will make the national news, but I've been wrong before.

Police recovered "dozens" of shell casings, mostly from rifle-caliber bullets.

The shooting took place on Saturday the 13th. Police determined that a vehicle left at the scene was also used in a drive-by shooting on Thursday.

When this kind of thing happened when Al Capone was running The Outfit, it was a national scandal. Now it's just Tuesday. Or Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.