What does the anti-gun part of the Left (it isn't all of the Left) think she should have done? Woman shoots man who opened her window screen during overnight burglary attempt, CPD says - CWB Chicago
How would you respond to an intruder in your home, or breaking into your home, before five o'clock in the morning? How should a woman alone respond?
A concealed carry holder shot a man who opened the window screen of her South Shore home during a burglary attempt early Tuesday morning, Chicago police said.
South Shore, is one of the 77 neighborhoods in Chicago. It is about 7 miles south of the Loop, and as the name implies it is on the lake shore.
In addition to the victim, a neighbor called 911 to report seeing the man lying on the ground across the street from the woman’s home and screaming that he had been shot. But the suspect was gone when CPD arrived. Moments later, he walked into Jackson Park Hospital for treatment. CPD said he was in good condition. The woman was not injured.
One of the things I appreciate about CWB Chicago is that they know the difference between victims, and perpetrators.
I always wish the anti-gun part of the Left would do, is explain exactly how a woman should react to a home invader. I'm not expecting them to say anything aside from, "Wait for police." With the shortages of police in the blue cities (I haven't looked into the situation in Chicago in a number of years, but they were understaffed) waiting for police to arrive may be a long wait. You may wait the rest of your life.
Hat tip to USA Carry
Deadly force is justified only against an imminent threat of death or serious bodily harm, and that is the same standard armed citizens across the country carry under every day. A stranger opening a window on an occupied home in the dark gives the person on the other side no way to know what comes through it next, and no time to find out.
The current Illinois State's Attorney for Cook County is a more reasonable person than her predesessor, so I expect the only charges to be filed against the guy who got shot.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.
Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.