14 August 2026

Truck Carrying Lithium-Ion Batteries Catches Fire

I don't like lithium-ion batteries. I really don't like old lithium-ion batteries. Semi Carrying 32,000 Pounds of Lithium-Ion Batteries Catches Fire - NewsBreak

A semi carrying tens of thousands of pounds of lithium-ion batteries caught fire on Interstate 70 in Indiana on Thursday, according to WTHR-TV. The fire shut down both directions of one of the state’s busiest commercial corridors and created a difficult, hours-long response for emergency crews.

The highway was closed for about 6 hours. It isn't just the fire, and the risk of follow on explosions, it is the toxic gas.

This is the StacheD Training video 32,000 Pounds of Lithium-Ion Batteries Catch Fire on I-70. Pat at StacheD Training gets the hat tip.

1 comment:

  1. Just for comparison, when was the last time you heard of a gasoline or other petroleum tanker truck just spontaneously catching fire? I suppose having the optimum fuel to oxidizer ratio always present has some contribution. Seems like something else must be going on.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.