Gun Digest brings us statistics, and I love statistics. The Lifetime Likelihood Of Needing A Gun For Self-Defense
What are the odds that you’ll ever need to use a gun for self-defense? Here we break down the data.
John Corriea, of Active Self Protection, had to deal with a burglar in his own home. I usually call that a home invader, but I won't argue the terminology today.
The man fled, no shot was fired, and Correia walked away thinking about a question many armed citizens eventually ask. Realistically, what are the odds I will ever need my gun? In a video on his channel, he ran the numbers from two major firearms surveys and arrived at a startlingly large lifetime probability.
There are 2 sources for the data.
- 2021 National Firearms Survey, conducted by Georgetown professor William English
- 2021 Bureau of Justice Statistics’ National Crime Victimization Survey, the federal government’s primary measure of crime
Click thru for the stats. (I'm not going to steal their fire.)
And you should be watching ASP videos.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.
Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.