28 August 2026

Professor Yamane Takes College Students to a Gun Range

Light Over Heat with Professor David Yamane - The Calm Before the Range

His course Sociology of Guns starts with taking students, in small groups, to the range. Students have a chance to fire a gun, but none are required to do so. Safety first.

I am only partially joking when I say that the class goes downhill from day 1. Look at these smiles.

The video is only 8 minutes. (And I'm jealous of the collection of firearms.)

I recorded this video before the students came to the range, so stay tuned for a follow-on post recapping the event.

I have trouble envisioning any Ivy League university, or most state universities, allowing this class to proceed. Wake Forest seems like it must be a special place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.