KIVI TV, Idaho News 6, has some interesting news out of Twin Falls. Twin Falls gun sales spike after In-N-Out mass shooting
Gun sales surged in Twin Falls the day after a mass shooting at a local In-N-Out restaurant, with at least one gun store reporting one of its busiest sales days in years. Local firearms dealers say the spike in purchases is a reminder that owning a gun and knowing how to use it are two very different things.
One of the things, that even the NY Times has mentioned, is that after Jordan Salinas witnessed a mass shooting years ago, he decided to train up, to be prepared if he ever encountered a similar situation. He did, and he was able to act, and he had a positive impact on the outcome of the recent incident in Twin Falls.
Law enforcement has credited armed citizens who responded to the mass shooting at In-N-Out with saving lives.
"We have hero citizens in our community and these citizens ... did, and undoubtedly saved lives," Twin Falls County Sheriff Jack Johnson said.
Training is key. And while the gun-store owners quoted in the article might be trying to sell training, I am not. I used to do NRA safety training, but that was long, long ago.
I find it odd that the article doesn't mention Mr. Salinas by name, which is why I included a link to my post on his actions. (Hat tip to Libs Of TikTok)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.
Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.