12 October 2024

Industrial Disease

Dire Straits was never really one of my favorite groups. They had a couple of songs that got a lot a radio play, such as "Sultans of Swing," and I mostly liked those songs, but I never searched out their music, and I never purchased any of their albums.

This song must have gotten at least some time on the radio, because I remember hearing it. Hearing it again recently on WXRT's Saturday Morning Flashback. some of the lyrics caught my attention.

There's a protest singer, he's singing a protest song, he says
"They want to have a war to keep their factories
They want to have a war to keep us on our knees
They want to have a war to stop us buying Japanese
They want to have a war to stop Industrial Disease
They're pointing out the enemy to keep you deaf and blind
They want to sap your energy, incarcerate your mind

This song is "Industrial Disease" by Dire Straits from their 1982 album Love over Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.