11 October 2024

Friday Links - 11 October

A somewhat abbreviated Links post. Insomnia usually means I have more time for the blog, but Real Life™ has also played a part.

Miguel Gonzalez has some thoughts on Preparing for deadly emergencies.

Now imagine if hurricanes were treated like school shooters. We would not have more effective building codes, or a mindset to survive the storm, or rebuild after the incident and apply any knowledge to lower any future risks to life.

SiGraybeard has more to say about NASA and Space Launch System. Someone else is dumping on SLS and NASA

The Other McCain - Democrats ‘Increasingly Worried About a Number of Issues Plaguing’ Kamala

Remember what I told you in mid-September? “Kamala Is Underperforming” was the headline, at a time when the newly-minted Democratic presidential nominee was still riding her post-convention “bounce.” A careful comparison of Harris’s poll numbers to Joe Biden’s numbers in 2020 and Hillary Clinton’s numbers in 2016 showed that she was weaker against Trump than either Joe or Hillary.

The View from North Central Idaho - AI Bias in Political Violence Reporting

There have been two attempted assassination attempts on former President Trump. There seems to always damage to local campaign offices of both parties. I decided to compare the numbers.

This conversation is with Microsoft’s Copilot. The “oversight” may be telling…

Adaptive Curmudgeon - WYBDR: All Hell Breaks Loose

The mystery and joy of “adventures” is that time becomes malleable. It was mid-afternoon and I’d already lived a year’s fun. I’d been through regret and uncertainty as my little bike struggled over a high altitude pass on smooth pavement. I’d been justly pleased with my choices as the rugged little bike climbed over a remote pass on its native habitat of dirt. And now I had settled into a deep feeling of contentment. All concerns of the outside world were irrelevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.