25 October 2024

He Was Going to Speak Harshly To Them

Is your car, or anything in it, worth your life? Homeowner shot to death after confronting suspected burglars: SCSO

This is a tragedy, and I don't mean to make light of it. But there is an important lesson. It's only stuff.

The [Shelby County Sheriff’s Office] says the homeowner saw people attempting to break into a vehicle in his driveway. He opened the front door and yelled, and then he was shot numerous times.

He was taken to a local hospital, but he did not survive his injuries.

I looked at several articles on this incident, but I could find no information on the homeowner's family, or who he left behind.

I think Data said it best in Star Trek: the Next Generation.

This is just a thing, and things can be replaced. Lives cannot.

Your righteous indignation is not a suit of armor. You have every right to confront people who are trying to steal your stuff. That is not an issue. The question is, "Should you?"

Bad guys today are bad, in all ways. I know someone stealing your stuff makes you angry. I have been burglarized a couple of times and robbed once. It was upsetting each time. It was only stuff, even though some of it was given to me by my grandmother. If there is something you can't stand to lose, it should be in a safe-deposit box. (That's what 2 burglaries taught me.) They will shoot you for less than 50 bucks. That should be a part of your planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.