31 August 2024

The King Will Come

This past weekend Miguel Gonzalez had a post, Sunday Repose, that reminded me of a band I have not thought about much in the past couple of decades. Wishbone Ash.

The song he included was from the German TV show (don't worry Wishbone Ash is British) Rockpalast. That is "Rock Palace" in English. It started in 1972, and is still going today. Through the mid-1980s they would occasionally run a "Rocknacht" or "Rock Night" that went all through the night. Everyone from The Afghan Whigs to ZZ Top have been on Rockpalast. I'm glad to know about it. I will have to search out more videos. But for today, I am shamelessly stealing this song from Miguel.

This is "The King Will Come (Live At Rockpalast 1976)" by Wishbone Ash from their 1972 album Argus. The version we have today was recorded live for Rockpalast on August 30th, 1972, shortly before the release of their album New England.

1 comment:

  1. Being born in 1950, I remember this type of music. Can't say that I miss it though.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.