26 July 2024

What Happens When Companies Outsource So Much of Their Tech to a Few Companies?

Last Friday's CrowdStrike instigated outage is an example of what happens when you adopt a single point of failure for your infrastructure. One single problem takes down a whole lot of your infrastructure.

Given that Microsoft is about to force ads on us AS PART OF the operating system, and steal all of our data for Artificial Intelligence, I'm in the process of getting out from under Windows. I already use LibreOffice, for my office software. There is literally almost nothing I really need Windows for.

This is Louis Rossman's video Blue screen of death decimates multiple industries: why the world shouldn't run on windows

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.