11 May 2024

Sad Theme for a Marriage

Lacrimas Profundere is a band that fascinates me. They’re German, named themselves in Latin, and sing in English. (Though they can be hard to understand at times.) Though they parted ways with Christopher Schmid, their longtime, baritone, lead singer. I haven't listened to them since he left, because what I loved was his voice. I should see who replaced him as singer. (He left on good terms with the band, and is often seen at their shows. He was having trouble with stress from constant travel.)

Here is a link to the lyrics for today's song. You will probably need them.

Technically they are a Gothic Metal band, but this song doesn't strike me as metal in any way.

This song is "Sad Theme for a Marriage" by Lacrimus Profundere from their 2006 album Filthy Notes for Frozen Hearts. I looked this song up recently for something on social media, but I can't remember exactly why now. Still, it has been stuck in my head for some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.