09 April 2024

Roku Wants to Show Its Ads Even If You're Watching a Blu-ray

Roku Wants to Show Its Ads, Even if You're Not Using a Roku Device; Streamer Working on Patent to Insert Ads in Third-Party Platforms

If you are playing a video game, or watching a bluray, or doing anything that doesn't involve Roku, and you hit pause, Roku will start playing ads. Because the fact that you hit pause to answer the phone is not of intrest to them, they only want you to watch ads.

I have a Roku device, but it is not plugged in. I have been looking for a new PC, but they are all smart, and smart TVs serve one fuction - to spy on your viewing activity. No thanks. Now, even if I buy a smart TV, it will definitely NOT be a Roku TV.

The hat tip goes to Louis Rossmann and his video Roku Plans to Inject Ads via HDMI: Adblocking is COMPLETELY JUSTIFIED!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.