01 April 2024

Do You Want 4 More Years of the Democratic Party in the White House?

Or do you want try to change the direction of the country? Notes on Partisanship: ‘At Some Point You Have to Join the Team That You’re On’

That is the question you want to answer. Did you like Bush The Elder, or did you think he would continue Reagan's agenda? And did you think he would keep his "Read my lips. No new taxes" pledge. Did you really like Bush the Younger, or did you want a change from Clinton? I don't think anyone like Carter; they were not voting Republican after Nixon. (Though his brother, Billy, did provide some needed comic relief.)

Professor Reynolds quotes me as having once said the above quote, and I’m sure I did, but I couldn’t find it via Google search, and that’s OK. As I recall, it was during Barack Obama’s first term in the White House, when some Republicans were reluctant to embrace the Tea Party movement while, at the same time, some members of the Tea Party movement were reluctant to embrace the GOP. Or, to speak more broadly, there was then (as now) an apparent divide between the Establishment and the grassroots of the opposition to the Democrat-controlled regime.

Click thru for the entire thing. And decided if you want four more years of Democrats working to destroy this country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.