30 December 2023

Jimmy Buffett - 25 December 1946 to 1 September 2023

I was listening to the year-end music review on WXRT's Saturday Morning Flashback, and they were covering some of the artists who passed away this year. I knew of most of them, but I don't remember hearing that Jimmy Buffett passed away.

He apparently died from a rare skin cancer at the age of 76.

I won't say that he was ever one of my favorite artists, but I do own a couple of his albums, and I know a lot of his songs. While "Maragitaville" from 1977 is probably his most famous song, it isnt' my favorite. Maybe I just got tired of it because it was on the radio so much.

This is "Cheesburger In Paradise" by Jimmy Buffett from his 1978 album Son of a Son of a Sailor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.