12 September 2023

Teaching the Next Generation to Protect Themselves

This is a nice father/daughter story. Arming My Daughter: A Defensive Handgun Trainer’s Personal Tale

My oldest daughter, Laney, is finishing up college and is about to move on to a job in another state. She is an amazing young woman with many talents and a wide world of opportunity ahead of her. However, the world she is stepping into is not as safe and secure as any of us would wish it to be. She recently asked for some defensive-shooting practice and is considering whether she would like to get a concealed-carry permit. Of course, I was genuinely happy to oblige.

It is an interesting story, and worth your time. I found it interesting, in part, because way back in the dark ages, I was working with an NRA safety instructor whose daughter was in college, and he was teaching her to protect herself. Anyway, go read the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.