14 July 2023

How is that Bail Reform Working Out?

From the Other McCain we get a story out of Chicago. With ‘Friends’ Like This …

What kind of car do you drive? What are your monthly car payments? Excuse me for asking, but one fact that caught my eye in this story out of Chicago was that Arsenio Cooper was driving a Jaguar SUV. A quick Google search informed me that a used 2020 Jaguar SUV can be had for somewhere in the $30,000 to $40,000 range, causing me to wonder how Cooper was making his car payment while out on bail

While out on bail, he grew "upset," and fired multiple shots at his "friend of 15 years." Some friend.

Click thru for more snark. It's worth it.

And since this happened in Chicago, I thought I would see what CWB had to say. #13: Seven-time felon shot a long-time friend, ‘firing round after round,’ while on felony bail, prosecutors say.

Arsenio Cooper, 33, is the 13th person accused of shooting, killing, or trying to shoot or kill someone in Chicago this year while awaiting trial for a felony. The cases involve at least 18 victims, seven of whom died.

CWB Chicago is counting, because the judge who decided that keeping criminals in jail was unfair, said that he was not aware of any bad outcomes. The 7 dead victims were not available for comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.