17 June 2023

Trøllabundin

Eivør (Eivør Pálsdóttir) is a Faroese singer. (That is the language spoken on the Faroe Islands.) I'm not sure exactly how I stumbled over her music, but I would guess that one of the music streaming services (Pandora or Spotify or YouTube) offered up one of her songs, maybe even this one, when I was listening either to Darkwave, or German folk music.

I have to say that I really love this album. This is one of the first songs I came across, but after hearing the entire album I can say that this is not my favorite song. That said, I do like this song. I hope you do as well.

Since the song is not in English, here is a link to the lyrics and their translation.

This song is "Trøllabundin" by Eivør from her 2015 album Slør. The song title translates to Spellbound in English. Slør means Veil in English.

The Faroe Islands are a grouping of islands, that are legally a portion of Denmark. They are about halfway between Norway and Iceland, or about 320 kilometers NNW of The United Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.