03 April 2023

"Hollywood for Ugly People"

Question the Orthodoxy at Law Schools at your own peril. From The Brownstone Institute: What Happened at Georgetown Law with Covid?

For questioning Covid restrictions, Georgetown Law suspended me from campus, forced me to undergo a psychiatric evaluation, required me to waive my right to medical confidentiality, and threatened to report me to state bar associations.

The Dean of Students claimed that I posed a “risk to the public health” of the University, but I quickly learned that my crime had been heretical, not medical.

How dare you question the orthodoxy? How dare you question the dogma? We will destroy the Heretic. That seems to have been the position of Georgetown Law.

The Law-student in question, William Spruance, didn't quite take it lying down, but more on that in a bit.

This all started from his asking a few questions at student meeting.

Nobody cared about my points regarding rationality – they cared that I had been reading from the wrong script. Even worse, not wearing a mask had been a more objectionable wardrobe malfunction than Janet Jackson’s Super Bowl performance.

He was 15 feet away from the nearest person when not wearing the mask. For that, they were ready to crucify him. Well, destroy his law career.

Click thru for the details on what the administrators demanded.

So I called my professors and informed them I would not be able to attend class because the school had banned me from campus. I began receiving calls from civil rights lawyers asking to hear more about my case, and I started to discuss the story with journalists that I knew.

The reactions across the political spectrum were unanimous – Georgetown had overplayed its hand. I had taken Bailin’s [the bureaucrat] advice: after consulting with people outside my echo chamber, the script didn’t portray him as the hero.

The script? DC is described as "Hollywood for Ugly People."

Nothing will make a bureaucrat back down faster than an attack on his place in the bureaucracy. Fox News covered the story without using Mr. Spruance's name.

Fourteen hours later, Dean Bailin notified me that my suspension had been lifted.

There are also lessons about the COVID hysteria. Click thru for those as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.