21 February 2023

Tuesday Links - 21 February

Captain Capitalism starts things moving with a statement on censorship: Vladimir Putin's Speech

Again, I do not support nor do I condemn Putin. But a mighty fuck you to the people who decided for me that neither I nor anyone else should be able to have access to this speech. You are no different a dictator than those you criticize.

Impro Guns is up next with Irish Shotgun

Members of the Irish Gardai were reportedly fired upon by a man armed with a pocket pipe during a drug raid on a property in Cork.

“They are known as slam bang shotguns – they are very crude but very effective improvised firearms, they work every time and never jam,” said Det Insp Coholan

The Other McCain - Shocking: Muslim ‘Diversity’ Grifter Exposed as Just Another White Woman

Having begun as a heretical Christian sect (“inner light,” my ass) and metamorphosed into an elite hive of “progressive” subversion, the Quakers are now all-in on “diversity,” and the AFSC hired a Muslim woman to be their diversity boss, but it turns out she was an impostor.

Pixy Misa at Ambient Irony - Daily News Stuff 17 February 2023: Meowing Nuns Edition

Bing's AI chat search thing - it calls itself Sydney - is an idiot on a level rarely matched except by tech journalists writing for the New York Times.

Flopping Aces - There is no toxic contamination of this country worse than Joe Biden

This hollow piece of trash is guaranteeing Ukraine’s pensions but has refused to help East Palestine, Ohio- that is, until Donald Trump said he was was going to visit there.

The Daily Signal - How to Make Journalism Less Trustworthy—in One Problematically Easy Lesson

As America’s mistrust of media lies near all-time lows, my profession’s powers-that-be are doubling down on the partisan, activist reporting that has poisoned our business and the nation’s politics. In a sign of how out of touch these industry bigwigs are with objective reality, they are doing it all in the name of restoring trust.

Again from The Other McCain - A Criminal History

Just a crime I learned about because of the YouTube algorithm. These things seem random, but some people think there must be a pattern . . .

Watts Up With That? - Fun With ChatGPT

It’s my [guest Willis Eschenbach] 76th birthday today, so for fun I thought I’d test the capabilities of the latest Artificial Intelligence sensation, ChatGPT.

The Gateway Pundit - CNN: East Palestine, Ohio Residents Break Out in Rashes, Report on Headaches After Toxic Chemical Explosion – Imagine That! (VIDEO)

State, government, and railroad officials approved a plan to blow up six rail cars of toxic vinyl chloride that formed a mushroom cloud in the sky before it rained down on the city and surrounding area.

Residents are reporting dead chickens and pets. Dead fish and salamanders are washing up in the local stream and river. And now there are reports of rashes and headaches.

Wombat-socho - FMJRA 2.0: Home At Last

Part of the gear I retrieved was Klaus Schulze’ La Vie Electronique, Vol. 5, which I have ripped to my hard drive and am currently enjoying.
Ceterum autem censeo Silicon Valley esse delendam.

And finally, Adaptive Curmudgeon - Reading The Press Releases

The “news” exceeded my physical limits for stupid. The fake and gay propaganda stream that passes for current events was just too fucking dumb. I stopped watching the circus and wandered off… it was time to get some pancakes, drink some water, and sleep it off in the safe refuge of ignorance.

So this is my concise summary of this week and the continuing balloon thing:

I’m out. I can’t go this dumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.