16 July 2022

Welcome to the Cold War 2.0

I feel the need to listen to some 80s music. NYC releases PSA for residents in the event of a nuclear attack.

I had heard of this of course, but a relative sent me a link to the Gutfeld's Show segment where they talked about it. So, here we are.

As if New Yorkers don’t have enough to worry about, they’re now getting step-by-step instructions on what to do if the Big Apple comes under nuclear attack.

New York City’s Emergency Management Department released a 90-second public service announcement Monday featuring empty city streets and sirens going off in the background amid the rare event.

Of course if NYC comes under nuclear attack, then I don't think most New Yorkers will be worried about fallout. I could be mistaken.

Lydia Moynihan, on Gutfeld's show, said that there are people in city government being paid to do stuff, so they have to do stuff, even if it is insane. (The portion of Gutfeld's show on the insanity is at this link.)

I guess it is time to check the preps. (Note: The photo above is of the Trinity Test, the first atomic explosion, from July 16, 1945.)

Here's some random 80's music. OK, maybe not so random.


"The Future's So Bright" by Timbuk 3 from 1986.

Here's a bit of the lyrics.

I study nuclear science
I love my classes
I got a crazy teacher, he wears dark glasses
Things are going great, and they're only getting better
I'm doing all right, getting good grades
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades
I gotta wear shades

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.