06 July 2022

I Keep Forgettin'

During a random walk around the Music videos of YouTube, I stumbled across a bass player who has a couple of videos that I like. The video that reminded me of this song was about the lost art of the song fade-out. One of the few places that bassists usually get to shine, just as the song is ending. That is where today's song comes from.

Michael McDonald, today's featured artist was, of course, a founding member of The Doobie Brothers. He went on to collaborate with many musicians, and have a solo career.

This song is “I Keep Forgettin'” by Michael McDonald from his 1982 album If That's What It Takes.

Paul Thompson is adjunct professor of Jazz Bass at a couple of universities. He has covered some music I listened to, and some I that was new to me. I haven't seen too many of the videos so the jury is out on whether he will become a regular viewing option.

Paul Thompson's video, "10 Bassists That Went OFF During the Fade-Out" can be found at this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.