14 May 2022

Teeth of the Hydra

Steve Vai is becoming one of my favorite guitarists. With his new instrument, The Hydra, that is not likely to change, except that he will be even more a favorite.

Steve Vai started his career working for Frank Zappa. First as a transcriptionist, and then as a guitarist. He went on to have a solo career, and tour and record with a number of people including David Lee Roth, Whitesnake, Alice Cooper and more. I think that I probably heard Steve Via on one of those recordings without knowing who he was. His solo work is somewhat new-to-me.

This is the video for "Teeth of the Hydra" by Steve Vai from his April, 2022 album Inviolate.

If you're interested in learning more about that instrument, you can find out more in this video. The Hydra: presented by Steve Vai and Ibanez.

And just for fun... Fighting Off The Children Of The Hydra's Teeth | Jason and the Argonauts. A classic bit of animation and live action.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.