25 May 2022

I'm Shocked - Shocked! - That a Politician Could Be Corrupt

Okay, I'm not shocked at all. Anaheim Mayor Resigns Amid Federal Corruption Probe

I am shocked that a Republican was mayor of Anaheim, CA, but I'm not shocked that a Republican Politician would be corrupt. (I'm originally from Illinois, where corruption knows no bounds. It certainly is not restricted to one party.)

Anaheim Mayor Harry Sidhu, a Republican, resigned effective Tuesday amid a corruption probe by the Federal Bureau of Investigation over the land sale of Angels Stadium — a probe that’s already resulted in money laundering charges being brought against one of Sidhu’s political allies, former Anaheim Chamber of Commerce CEO Todd Ament.

It is about some alleged backroom dealings around a new stadium for a baseball team.

The mayor's team (well, ex-mayor now) was saying that a "fair and thorough" investigation will show that nothing underhanded was done. By implication that any investigation that turns up wrong-doing is neither fair nor thorough.

Click thru for the details.

And remember: They are all lying to you about something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.