25 May 2022

Ship To Wreck

Every now and then I run across a musical group via social media. (IT isn't bad if you can avoid the political insanity.) Today's song comes from such discovery. (Thanks to Eric.)

He was talking about Florence Welch of Florence and the Machine (commonly seen as Florence + The Machine). She is a great singer, and that is a band that is producing Indie Rock, like you might have found in America before AutoTune, PC software, and electronic drum tracks took over everything.

Florence + The Machine had an album scheduled to come out May 13th. I haven't looked for it, but I probably will.

This song is "Ship To Wreck" by Florence + The Machine from their 2015 album How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful. It was also released as a single.

I'm actually not sure if this is the first I've heard of Florence + The Machine, but if I had heard of them, I certainly hadn't thought about them in years. The music sounds very familiar somehow.

2 comments:

  1. Haven't heard of them particularly, but there's a Dutch stoner band called The Machine as well, if you're in the mood for heavier tunes.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.