10 May 2022

An Odd Bit of Truth from Russia

And a general lesson. Russia admits it faces economic collapse over Putin’s war

The general lesson is that sanctions take time to take hold. That said, I don't think that any amount of sanctions imposed on Russia will get Putin to change course.

Russia is facing its deepest economic decline in almost three decades as it grapples with the fallout from Putin’s invasion of Ukraine, the Finance Ministry has admitted.

Internal forecasts estimate that Russia’s GDP could shrink by as much as 12pc this year, Bloomberg reports.

Russia could suffer the worst economic fallout in the history of mankind, and I don't believe that Putin will abandon his Rebuild the Empire goals. He has Parkinson's disease, and cancer. I don't think he has the perspective of someone with "A lot to lose."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.