23 April 2022

Zeit

Rammstein has announced a new album, released a single, and published some North American tour dates.

I usually have Rammstein as part of Metal for Mondays, but even though this song has some hard rock sections, overall it does not strike me as Metal. And Rammstein usually has a leg up on that score because German sounds heavy or hard or something. At least to me.

And since it is in German, here is a link the lyrics and the English translation.

This is "Zeit" by Rammstein from the upcoming album Zeit, which will be released on April 29th. "Zeit" translates as time.

Metal Sucks has the tour dates in the article. Rammstein Announce New Album Zeit, Release Epic First Single. Rammstein will be North America starting in late August with a concert in Quebec, followed by several shows in the Midwest, on the East Coast, one show in Texas, a couple of shows in California, and ending with a few dates in Mexico City. Conspicuous by way of absence are the mountain states and the Northwest. They will be touring Europe from May through early August. I was surprised to see Minneapolis on the schedule, but not a city like Denver. Still, it looks like a grueling tour for a band that is not as young as they once were.

Full disclosure: While I usually like Rammstein, I'm not sure that I like this song. I don't hate it. I do find the video distracting, but then I find most videos distract from the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.