25 April 2022

The Left Has a Habit of Shouting People Down

The Other McCain takes on the groomers of the Left. ‘The Enormity of the Crime’

You should read the entire post at that link; it isn't long, and I think it's worth your time. I will share the one part that spoke to me.

Having spent the past couple of decades closely watching how liberals operate, I have long since realized that unless you learn to shrug off accusations of “hate” and “ignorance” from the Left, you’re going to be bullied into submission — or, at the very least, intimidated into silence, which is effectively the same. While I don’t go around starting arguments with people, neither will I be forced to sit in silence while liberals lecture me as if I were a child in need of their tutelage. As folks say down home, I was born at night, but it wasn’t last night, and I am in no need of instruction on this issue.

I will only say that I parted company with "the movement" a long way back. The Left demands ideological conformity. You must agree with them on every topic from guns, to abortion, to immigration, to welfare, to social justice, to ... etc. ad nauseam. I am not in love with conformity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.