13 April 2022

Galdra

I haven't heard anything from Faun in a while. They are listed as Pagan Folk, Darkwave, and in other ways in different places. They are sort-of German folk music with a bit of a Gothic flare. I like some of their music. And I love the use of the hurdy-gurdy.

They did some touring in the later part or 2021 and have a number of tour dates scheduled for 2022. (Europe is still being insane about COVID, and some bands have been canceling shows.) They have released at least one single from an album that is to be released this year.

Here's a link to the lyrics and the translation.

"Galdra" translates as "Magic" from both Norwegian and Icelandic, but strangely not from German. As near as I can tell, anyway.

This is "Galdra" by Faun, featuring vocals by Lindy-Fay Hella (of Wardruna). It was released as a single on Black Friday from their upcoming album, Pagan. That album will be released on April 22nd.

1 comment:

  1. I really like Faun's music, even though I don't speak the language of the lyrics. This is a good video, seen it several times, like the addition from Wardruna.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.