13 April 2022

A Son Protected His Mother

Another failure of the victim-selection process. Intruder pretending to be health care worker shot and killed by homeowner's son in SE Houston, police say - ABC13 Houston

The article doesn't mention the age of anyone involved, but a part of me wants to assume that the mother is elderly which is why the guy resorted to the "home health care" lie. (Though what home health care would be dispatching someone at 11:30 at night is beyond me.)

According to police at the scene, the intruder tried to trick the homeowner by telling her that he was a worker with home health care.

The homeowner didn't let the stranger inside, instead calling her son who lives down the street.

By that time, the intruder broke down the door and got into the home. When the son arrived, he shot and killed the intruder, police say.

The video mentions the fact that the incident will be referred to a grand jury. I think all homicides are referred to a grand jury in Texas, but I'm not a lawyer.

Self-defense, and defense of family, is a human-right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.