16 March 2022

Maggie's Song

I don't usually feature Country songs, but I tripped over a song by Chris Stapleton last year on WXRT (Chicago's Finest Rock) and it sounded more Rock and Roll to me. Someone in the comments (Old Guy) called it Blues/Rock, of the kind you would find in the 1950s, and 1960s.

I finally got around (how many months has it been?) to listening to the rest of the album. It is definitely country. And even though this song is country, it is both sweet and sad. It is about a man whose dog has died.

Let me tell you a story
About an old friend of mine
Somebody left her in a shopping cart
In a parking lot for us to find
Just a fuzzy black pup
She was hungry and feeling alone
We put her in the back seat
And told her we were taking her home

I like it even though it has a county feel. (You can spend 4 minutes on it!)

This is "Maggie's Song" by Chris Stapleton from his 2020 album Starting Over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.