12 March 2022

Inflation and Its Impacts

The government loves to ignore fuel and food, but these are the two things Americans buy every week. “Bacon is as expensive as filet mignon used to be.”

Some survey responses from a New York Times story.

The price of fuel I see every-time I go anywhere. Even if I don't buy any, I check the prices as I drive by gas stations.

The story ended, "Food makes up about 13% of what a typical household buys. But food in some form was mentioned by more than 90% of respondents here."

That's because food makes up most of the discretionary spending. Your mortgage and car payments are fixed and out of your control. Not so food.

Click thru for lots of survey responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.