21 March 2022

Erasure

For a change of pace we have a Melodeath band out of America, and not out of Europe. Once Human is a Melodic Death Metal band out of Los Angeles fronted by Lauren Hart, who does a nice job with the Death Metal, Death Growl. I had heard some of Once Human's early work, and even featured them once back in the days of the Archive 2.0, but I wasn't sure I cared for the work. I think their songwriting may have improved since then. At least I like this song a lot more than some of the earlier stuff. We shall see.

Their new album is their third studio album, and Rick Beato, one of my favorite YouTube personalities, says that it takes about that long to get the songwriting down.

Here's what Lauren Hart had to say about the song.

‘Erasure‘ is a song about blood diamonds. It’s about the clear-cut, horrific message that a rock is worth more than a life to their producers. Although today there are human rights laws and regulations that have eased the violent unearthing of these stones, it is still happening in certain parts of the world. My heart broke as I dove into the meaning of why it’s called a “blood diamond”, and I felt compelled to tell its story. [Ref.]

Here's a link to the lyrics, because Death Metal, Death Growl. You'll need it. Or if you play the video on YT, the lyrics are in the extended description. Click over to YT, and click on the "Show More" link.

This is "Erasure" by Once Human from their February, 2022 album Scar Weaver.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.