23 February 2022

"What You Tolkien 'Bout Willis?"

So the Tolkien fans have had plenty of time to react to Amazon's billion dollar insanity, The Rings of Power. The consensus is almost unanimous: "What fresh Hell is this?"

Most of the videos are too long, unless you're a die hard fan. I am a die hard fan; I used to read Lord of the Rings about once a year. Then I went to watching the extended edition of the movies about once a year. I think I will go back to reading them. I also used to own the BBC dramatization on cassette tape, and I had the unabridged audio book on CD. Like I said...

Here's a link to one such fan video. LOTR: The Rings of Power Trailer REACTION | This is Going to be a DISASTER. The best line in that video might be in relation to inter-racial love-story:

Guess Who's Coming to Second Breakfast.

There is also a line in that video about "prioritizing the message (of Woke) over good story telling."

I can't say it is the best of the fan videos, because I have only seen a few. And there are so many.

The Babylon Bee also produced a video, but it is more parody than reaction. This is the video for 9 New Woke Characters From Amazon's 'Rings of Power.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.