19 January 2022

Papa‎ Was A Rolling Stone

Since I gave up on Christmas cheer for the few weeks before Christmas, I've been back to more reading in the evenings. That leads to Jazz, and that lead to a new-to-me artist.

This song is "Papa Was A Rolling Stone" by bassist Marcus Miller from his 2015 album Afrodeezia.

I have to say that I love the bass playing, and I love the pork pie hat.

Doing a bit of research on this song turned up something I didn't know, or that I had forgotten if I ever knew. I thought this song was originally by The Temptations, but their version was a cover. Granted, it is the version most people know, but it was originally by The Undisputed Truth. I suppose I should dig out that version one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.