16 December 2021

Professor David Yamane's Course on Sociology of Guns...

The course has just finished. This looks like such an interesting course, it almost makes me wish I was a college student again. Sociology of Guns Ver. 7.0 Is In The Books, Student Final Reflections Coming | Gun Curious

There is too much for me to try and summarize it here, but let me highlight one section I thought sounded interesting.

And Executive Director of the Liberal Gun Owners Randy Miyan made a second trip out of the North Carolina mountains to share his perspectives on guns and liberalism. As he told my students, “You can have a soft heart and believe in armed self-defense.” He also introduced the students to the idea of projectile weapons as an anthropological reality among Homo sapiens.

If the student papers are anything like the past couple of years, they will also be an interesting look at how college students view guns, both before and after the course.

If you aren't reading Professor Yamane's work, you should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.